The Connecticut Office of Early Childhood introduced a new video series for Connecticut early care and education providers.
Reflections from the Field is a series of brief videos featuring teachers and family child care providers who share their personal experiences working in the early childhood education field, touching upon strategies they use to support children’s development.
The series currently includes the following seven videos:
Building Community in the Preschool Classroom with Head Start teacher Ashley Anderson
- Supporting Flexibility in the Toddler Classroom with Early Head Start teacher Janette Rivera
- When the Unexpected Happens: Seizing the Teachable Moment with preschool teacher Yotisse Williams
- Learning All the Time: Making the Most of Everyday Experiences with family child care provider Cathy Tormey
- Building Vocabulary in the Preschool Classroom with preschool teacher Maureen Ostroff
- Providing Opportunities for Experimentation and Problem-Solving with preschool teacher Karen DelMastro
- Supporting Critical Thinking in Toddlers with toddler teacher Amie Theriault
All seven videos can be viewed at: http://www1.easternct.edu/cece/reflections-from-the-field/
These videos were developed by the Center for Early Childhood Education at Eastern Connecticut State University with support from the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood.